Father Laurence Tracy Award
Father Tracy Lawrence Awards Process
Each year the Board of Directors is responsible for reviewing the candidates for this award. Each committee
member carefully considers the eligible nominations for the award or honor and recommends the recipient(s) and
citation. Most awards are announced in the year following the nomination deadline.
- Award recipients are not required to be Puerto Rican Parade of Rochester Inc. (PRPORI) member.
- An individual may not receive more than one community award in a year, nor may an individual receive more than one award for the same body of work.
- Joint recipients are allowed the award when the nomination is for the same project or for joint work extended over a long period.
- The PRPORI does not present this award posthumously, except in the case that the recipient's death occurs after the Award Selection Committee approves the nomination.
Note: For awards, a minimum of five eligible nominations are required before a committee may select an award recipient.
Any nominee not chosen for the award can be considered for future award(s). Nominators are encouraged to update or augment the nomination materials, if appropriate, prior to the next year's deadline.
Award Nomination Requirements
Only complete nomination will be considered by the individual award or medal committee. This includes:
- Completed award nomination form.
- Brief bio stating the accomplishments that make the nominee deserving of this particular award.
- A one-page narrative description of the significant aspects of the nominee's career.
- Curriculum vitae listing educational background, positions held, publications, awards, honors, activities and offices held, if applicable.
Nominations should be specific about the achievements for which the award is proposed. Clear, concise information about the accomplishments of the nominee is more useful than extensive materials. Excessive documentation will not be distributed to the selection committee. Only complete nominations will be considered. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.